Montag, 5. Mai 2014

Why I Do Not Use Facebook.

i got a soundcloud account. i got a homepage. and a few other addresses where one can reach me or find my sounds.
i got 2 email accounts, and i am active on various forums, where people could send me a pm.
so if someone wants to listen to my sounds, he has the chance to do so. if someone wants to communicate with me, he can do so.
why should i use facebook then?
now the thing is then. if i would be on facebook, maybe more people would listen to my music. or more people would communicate with me.
but the thing is. this is not *real*. if they would be *really* interested in my music, they would get to my homepage, or my soundcloud etc. if they only listen to my music because it is on facebook, they are not really interested in it.
so what's the point in getting more listeners, or communicating more, by using facebook?
the thing is, again, this is not *real*.
if someone really wants to stay in contact with me, he doesn't need facebook to do so, but could get into contact with me in another way.

this is entirely the problem with facebook. who wouldn't want to have more listeners, or more people who get to know ones art? who is not interested in having more "friends"? facebook seemingly does provide this, but in *reality* it doesn't. it's just illusionary. the facebook listeners are not *real* listeners, the facebook friends are not real friends. your facebook fans are not your real fans (one might say: unless one got into contact / is into contact with them without facebook, and it is so to say, only by chance that they are on facebook).
if they were, they wouldn't need facebook to be so.
this is the point.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen